Everyone from the parish is asked to participate in Human Concerns in whatever way they can. This committee is not a formal committee, but is broken into many sub-categories; some of them are listed below. We are all called to help, wherever help is needed. Whether it be through a phone call, praying for others, sending a card, or any act of love, you are part of this committee!
The Good Shepherd Human Concerns include:
- Funerals/Bereavement (Preparation and serving of funeral luncheons, and assisting people with planning of funeral liturgy.)
- Nursing Home (Includes Monday evening music and prayer with Distribution of Holy Communion to residents; Tuesday Rosaries, and Mass on the second and fourth Thursdays each month.)
- Communion and Visits to Sick and Shut-ins (Holy Communion, home visits and/or meals for the sick, Shepherd Knitter prayer shawls, etc.)
- Monthly birthday socials (Set up/clean up)
- Respect Life (Education, Theology of the Body, assisting with local pregnancy center services or events, help with new moms as needed)
- Food Pantry (We offer a small pantry to help families in the Rib Lake area. Donations of nonperishable food items are welcome.)
- Much, much more!
If you wish to be involved in any of these concerns, call the parish office.